Monday, July 16, 2007

Cindy Sheehan, back in Greensboro

That's right - the righteous rabble rouser herself (and I do mean that in the most admiring of ways) has not only reengaged her activism but will be coming through Greensboro on Wednesday, en route to Washington. Her itinerary:
  • 2:00 pm Congressman Mel Watts office, 301 S. Green Street Suite 210 Greensboro NC
  • 6pm Event at Bennett College (Little Theater), 900 E. Washington St.
I have yet to tease out why there are so few people actively protesting - I certainly don't spend my evenings picketing downtown like some of my friends. For me, it is the turn-off of fringe politics tainting my desire to be aligned with the anti-war movement; maybe for you, it is a fear of being conspicuous or putting yourself too far out on the line.

But body mass counts in ending this war, and right now the only body mass being counted are the dead among American military and Iraqi civilians. We are all responsible for exercising our rights as citizens by making our views known.

At the very least, impeachment would show the world that this bully of a president, this fascist law-breaker wearing "compassionate conservative" clothing, does not represent us, the good and decent citizens of America.

No comments: