Monday, July 09, 2007

A warning from the stars

I don't really put a lot of weight into astrology (though it often strikes me as bizarre how closely I resemble my astrological sign, Gemini) but I still like to check my horoscope. Most often, they're the usual random, meaningless jumble of words but once in a blue moon, they really make me think... and therein lies the value.

So, as I embark on a new leg of my journey as the editor of the Jewish community paper, Shalom Greensboro, it seems particularly relevant that my horoscope in yesterday's News & Record read:

Your wacky planets are up to mischief again, giggling as you walk along your path. Expect to make profound mistakes - the kind worth keeping. The kind that could be called "art."

Yup, that's what I was hoping for: artistic and dreadful mistakes. Look out Jewish community...

Rob's horoscope was similarly timely yesterday with his newly launched photographic endeavors:

Prove your belief in yourself by following through with vigorous, enthusiastic action. Even monumental ideas can only get off the ground if you get behind them and start lifting.

Seems that Tarot has nothing on Holiday Mathis (what a sultry headshot she has)...

No comments: