Thursday, March 08, 2007

Gender parity in the boardroom

In the course of doing research for my job at Lede PR, I often stumble across interesting Web sites or statistics which I then email to myself to peruse later... which of course means they drift to the bottom of my inbox...

Much like this statistic from HR.BLR.com, a human resources best practices/info site. According to them, if progress (if that's even the right word at this snail's pace) continues at its current rate, it could take nearly half a century for women to reach parity with men as corporate officers at Fortune 500 companies.

The study found that women held 15.6 percent of Fortune 500 corporate officer positions, down from 16.4 percent in 2005. The number of companies with three or more women corporate officers also decreased.
Progress?


No comments: