Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

I love Halloween! I love that there is a day of the year specifically set aside for kids to dress as superheros, princesses and goblins, for men to dress as nuns, and for women to dress as their inner slut (come on, ladies - you know you do it!).

I was in high school the last time I went trick-or-treating. I dressed as James Bond and a friend was the sexy Bond girl (she totally rocked it, too). I still dress up most years, though often it's just to amuse myself. Rob and I were Jay and Silent Bob our first Halloween together. Then DeeDee and Dexter from Dexter's Lab.

This year I'm a super-genius with a thick Southern accent (big papier-mache brain) and Rob is a Santa Fe photographer - we're dressing as our ideal selves.

Tonight, I'll pretend that the trick-or-treaters really scare me with their stage makeup, and Rob will insist on handing out candy even though the endless stream of kids eventually begins to terrify him. Our dogs will bark, our cats will hide, and some of the more outgoing kids will complement our pumpkin carving - this year we did a vampire pumpkin and a haunted house pumpkin, compliments of stencils.

Here's to a happy Halloween where only your neighbors get egged!

No comments: