Thursday, October 19, 2006

Go Triad Readers Choice Awards

So a friend emails this morning to congratulate me on getting runner up for best blog. I had no idea what she was talking about. A few emails and visit to the N&R website later, and I finally figure out that she's talking about the Readers Choice Awards.

Now, I understand that the Readers Choice Awards is a self-selecting poll and therefore inherently not a representative sample of Triad blog readers. And I also believe that as much as I like Eugene's blog (Congrats, Eugene!), in a representative sample it's really unlikely that Ed Cone or one of the other more esteemed local bloggers wouldn't have won or at the very least placed...

But I'm still stoked about being runner up! Thanks to anyone who voted for me! Guess I should get my ass in gear about posting regularly again...

I'd also like to mention that my bro-in-law's band, Chuck Folds 5, got runner up for best new band - definitely check them out when you have a chance.

No comments: