Thursday, October 26, 2006

Censorship in the ranks

I've been seriously lax on the news this week - so many exciting goings on, what with my new job and all - but in my nightly news scan, toothbrush in mouth, I stumbled across an interesting item on Wonkette. Seems that the military blocks internet access for liberal sites and only liberal sites, saying:

forbidden, this page (http://www.wonkette.com) is categorized as (Personal Pages) ALL SITES YOU VISIT ARE LOGGED AND FILED.
You can even see the screen shot the Marine, stationed in Iraq, sent to Wonkette to break the story.

So just to make sure I understand: they're old enough to die on our behalf but they're not old enough to get information from both sides of the political spectrum so that they can make informed decisions in the next election? Next you're gonna tell me that they're not even old enough to get a beer after a hard day of chasing enemy combatants... oh, wait...

No comments: