Thursday, September 07, 2006

Save the date: Winter Walk

This year marks 20 years of Triad Health Project's mission to provide emotional and material support to those living with HIV/AIDS and their families, and to help further HIV/AIDS research. None of the founders thought they would been needed for this long and yet we're still so far from finding a cure.

I have participated in six Winter Walks; every year I tear up at the opening ceremonies and every year I find great hope in the thousands of people of all colors, ages and sexual orientations (more than 2500 last year alone) who turn out in support of this often stigmatized community.

With so much anger and fear in the world today, I can't urge you enough to join the walk on Sunday, December 3rd, if only as a reminder that there is still hope and love in our community.

Click here for more information about Triad Health Project.
Click
here to read my News & Record piece about the Winter Walk from December 2005.

No comments: