Sunday, September 24, 2006

Free hugs

Apparently this story is a couple of years old (based on an article I found written in 2004) but the video wasn't posted to YouTube until a few days ago. This guy, Juan Mann, decided everyone just needed a hug... and I tend to agree.



The whole thing reminds me of high school. My freshman year, my friend, Lem, and I used to go on ambush hugging missions - we'd see someone walking the halls alone and would offer a hug. Sometimes they would and sometimes they wouldn't but it was always fun for us.

After high school, Lem became a clown, literally. For years, spreading joy was his living...

1 comment:

Samir Kumar Mishra said...

This reminds me of the Bollywood movie released in 2003 "Munna Bhai MBBS" and his "Jadoo kee Jhappi" which means "Miraculous Hug". I guess its inspired from there as it was a huge hit in India then.