Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Miller v. Robinson for Congress

This morning, I took a tour of Brad Miller's website. The immediate turn-ons:

As a member of the North Carolina Senate, Brad introduced legislation to expand North Carolina's domestic violence law; to reduce air pollution from cars and trucks; to freeze new or expanded hog lagoons; to limit the influence of political patronage in state government hiring; and to protect consumers from dishonest automobile mechanics by prohibiting garages from charging for work not authorized by the consumer. As a Judiciary Committee chairman, Brad helped guide into law legislation to address "Driving While Black," or racial profiling.
And, being the sucker for pet lovers that I am, I also liked that he mentioned his "85-pound former stray" dog, Harper.

Surprisingly enough, I found more things I like about Miller on Vernon Robinson's website. If Robinson's issues weren't enough to turn me off to him, his list of supporters certainly did the trick. Among the esteemed names:
  • Elizabeth Dole
  • Jesse Helms
  • Lauch Faircloth
  • Pat Buchanan
  • Jeb Bush
  • the NRA
  • Right-to-Life
As a side note, Robinson was at the Greensboro Farmer's Curb Market last week, pumping the hands of polite farmers as though he was interested in advocating for their rights...

1 comment:

Jay Ovittore said...

To bad I didn't know Vernon was at the Farmers Market, which s right behind my house, I could have gone and made him furious with my presence. Check out my blog to find out why.