Thursday, June 15, 2006

Condi v. Cheney, the cage match begins

I have to confess that I didn't realize our fair city was (more) overrun with Southern Baptists yesterday until I read about it on Salon.com. The headline: Tenn. Minister's Wife Pleads Not Guilty. No... no, my bad. Wrong headline. It was: Rice Urges Respect in Gay Marriage Debate. Apparently, Condi refused to disclose her position on gay marriage but said "This is an issue that can be debated and can be discussed in our country with respect for every human being."

I would have rather she had declared eternal, public devotion to Jenna Bush (and you thought it was Georgie she was after!), never resting until their love can be legally sanctified. But I'll take what I can get.

In related news, Cheney is stabbing his lesbian daughter in the back by holding a fundraiser for the outspoken enemy of gay civil rights, congressional-hopeful Michele Bachmann.

No comments: