Saturday, June 16, 2007

Props to Rep. Brad Miller

As you might guess, I write to my representatives in Congress a fair amount. Howard Coble might not know it, but he and I have a fairly extensive ongoing communication. We're even on a first-name basis, though I'm sure he doesn't know that either.

But the props go to Brad Miller, who is the only member of Congress I have thus far encountered who responds via email. So, thanks Brad, for saving our country the expense of postage and fancy stationary (and the trees that made up that fancy stationary) and the transportation costs that go into delivering what must be thousands and thousands of letters by joining us in the 21st Century with email correspondence.

Of course, all the email in the world wouldn't warm me up to our representative if his recent voting and additions to the floor debate not so compelling these days. I feel like I spent my vote well.

No comments: