Thursday, February 22, 2007

Writing thank-you notes to Congress

I just penned a letter I never imagined I would write: a thank you note to Howard Coble. I write Howie all the time to complain so it only seemed fair to write and thank him for voting in support of the non-binding resolution on Iraq. I considered sending a $5 check with my note - meant to be a statement about how money-driven DC is but also kind of funny and kind of a jab since it's only $5... but with all the campaign finance laws, it was bound to cause more trouble than it was worth.

By the way, Walter Jones was the only other NC Republicans who broke party line to vote with their conscience. Way to go Walt!

I'm heading to DC this weekend as a representative of our local chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners, along with my friend/colleague/employer Tamara McLendon. NAWBO has teased us with offers to set up meetings with our representatives but as of yet, we're not sure who... what we are sure of is that small business issues will be only a piece of the conversation.

Barring the Internet closing for the weekend, I'll blog along the way.

No comments: