Thursday, July 27, 2006

LttE Gold, Part I

Chris Myott of Eden wrote in to the News and Record to decry the legalization of cohabiting but unmarried couples, suggesting that we now
move on to putting an Official Seal of Approval on adultery within the marriage so that another portion of the population can feel guiltless about messing up lives.
This slippery slope argument isn't so far from the one that claims that legalized beastiality is the natural endpoint of a path that begins with the legalization of gay marriage.

Also like the gay marriage debate, I can't help but wonder why Chris holds such venom for a group of people who most likely don't effect him in anyway. As far as I know, my year of unwed cohabiation with Rob only hurt the landlords who otherwise would have been paid for two apartments.

Chris wraps up his letter by saying
I wonder what Jesus would say? Would he say, "Neither do I condemn thee. Go and sin no more?" Nah - probably not anymore.
To which commenter Howie G wisely replies
Oh, and as for Jesus, I don't know the man, but from all I've read my guess is he'd have many, many bigger fish to fry about our society before he got to this issue.
For this, we (as in the royal "we") at SBJ blogger would like to crown Howie G our official hero of the day.

Way to go, Howie G!

1 comment:

Roch101 said...

What a maroon! Adultery is illegal?