Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Always a bride's maid

Poor Buzz Aldrin has been walking Neil Armstrong down the aisle since 1969, ever since he was the second person to walk on the moon. Even in contemporary interviews, his venom at being second still comes through.

Something else is coming through in interviews these days too: new information. According to the UK news website, the Daily Record, the astronauts saw a UFO while on their historic mission. Much like Area 51, the government chose to cover it up, says Aldrin.

I know nothing about the Daily Record. For all I know, it could be "news" like the Inquirer reports... I hope not, though. I love a good alien-spotting story.

When Rob and I were first dating, we took a road trip to New Mexico where, among other places, we went to Roswell, a city built around it's alien reputation. I'm talking street lights in the shape of alien heads, almond eyes and all; soda machines decorated with alien rock bands; even a jewelry store billboard in which the diamond was a UFO. But the piece de resistance was the International UFO Museum and Research Center (and gift shop).

Being a skeptic by nature, I have my doubts about alien visitation though I would bet my lucky chin hair that there is plenty of other life out there. As far as I'm concerned, the most damning evidence of alien visitation is the governmental cover-up. I don't know what they're covering us, especially in Area 51, but whatever it is, they've used a lot of resources to keep it under wraps...

No comments: